This kitchen is long and narrow, but they have done a nice job with the look.Strunk kitchen 004 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
The cabinets go well with the floor, and the recessed lighting and under cabinet lighting is perfect for this style.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
These maple cabinets have a very simple and traditional look, but they are spiced up with the s-curve handles and drawer pulls.
The glass door corner cabinet and crown molding at the top of the cabinets also gives these cabinets a little something extra.
Notice how the backsplash matches the counter tops. Most designers would argue against doing this, but in this kitchen, the matching backsplash looks beautiful.
These dark stained, Asian style kitchen cabinets make for a very clean and modern look. The white counter tops and stainless steel appliances add to the decor.
The bamboo look on the cabinet doors is a really attractive feature that completes the look of this kitchen.
Black kitchen cabinets and white trim offer a sleek and modern look. Plus, they don't stain.See photos of black kitchen cabinets from a variety of designers.
Friday, January 25, 2008
1. Remove all hardware before you start.
2. Get a high quality brush and roller.
3. Remove all doors before painting.
4. If the cabinets have a glossy finish, apply a deglosser so your paint will stick.
5. Put on at least 1 coat of primer so your top coat of paint will look better.
6. Paint the cabinets as soon as the primer dries. Paint works better on top of fresh primer.
7. Paint the middle of a door first and work outward toward the edges so the edges are painted last.
8. Several thin coats of paint look better than 1 thick coat.
Posted by Rob at 7:27 PM