Friday, January 25, 2008
Painting a Kitchen Cabinet - 8 Tips For Doing It Right
1. Remove all hardware before you start.
2. Get a high quality brush and roller.
3. Remove all doors before painting.
4. If the cabinets have a glossy finish, apply a deglosser so your paint will stick.
5. Put on at least 1 coat of primer so your top coat of paint will look better.
6. Paint the cabinets as soon as the primer dries. Paint works better on top of fresh primer.
7. Paint the middle of a door first and work outward toward the edges so the edges are painted last.
8. Several thin coats of paint look better than 1 thick coat.